Writing & Genealogy

As the calendar refreshes, I'm going to take advantage of the newness and set some goals for the coming calendar year. Some are personal and perennial, like losing weight, taking better care of myself, and fixing different parts of my house and yard. Stuff like that.  Writing is also personal to me. Before nursing, I made my living in corporate communications but always loved fiction.  I still do lots of writing for nonprofits and, of course, genealogy clients. But this year I'm gonna write for myself. My immediate goal is to combine my freelance writing business, Creative Writings, with my genealogy business, PastTense Genealogy.
My Writing Goals for the next 12 months-
1. Schedule time on a weekly basis to outline and draft the histories of 2 of my own family lines.
2. Write every day and update blogs at least weekly.
3. Schedule time every week for marketing my business including a set number of queries per month.
4. Complete (as best I can) the research on and begin to outline the report on a study on the emigration patterns of Black farmers in Vermont (3 of my family lines are in this group!)
5. I really want to find Molly Pegan's parents.
6. Finish and publish 2 E-books. Maybe three!
7. Create an online Nipmuc history course for tribal members who live out of the area.
8. Write one grant per quarter for the museum.
9. Finish the short story I'm currently writing and parlay that into a cozy mystery series. (Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?)
10. That's enough!
My personal goals include slowing down and focusing only on those things that truly matter. The past 12 months were truly unpleasant for me both personally (I really miss you Antonia) and professionally (my nursing job).  I actually cut ties with those who only sought to do harm (you know who you are) and wound up hurt and confused regarding a very basic emotion (what was I thinking? Am still thinking?)
There were some positives in those 12 months. My oldest daughter married (wait, I went into debt over that...), my community is actively working on working together (although there are some that continually try to derail that), I refinanced my mortgage and cut mucho money from my monthly bills, my oldest nephew got engaged and bought his first home, and I reconnected with some very important family members that I'd missed terribly.
For now, back to Molly. I will take yet another look at each piece of evidence that I have for her. I've already expanded my search to the records and histories of her guardians and their families. I should also investigate all known Pegans from that era to see if there is any connection - of course, I did this some years ago but it won't hurt to do it again.
Aquene,
Cher

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may turn out to be a dream list rather than goals to work on. I guess we shall see!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts